Clorox Storage

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
How long should I expect the strength of the chlorine in Clorox to last in the bottle? Where is the best place to store the chlorine? Summer can get hot in TX. Is storage temperature a factor in the age/strength ratio? I'd prefer to keep this stuff in the garage unless there is significant evidence to suggest indoors is better.

Thanks

Hello neighbor. :wave:

I'll keep up to 3 jugs at a time in a Rubbermaid storage bench container on the porch. It holds up fine as long as it doesn't get too much direct sun on the storage box.

OTOH, my garage gets up to 100 degrees when the sun hits that metal door in the summer and the garage keeps the heat long into the night. Then I keep the case of Clorox in the laundry room near the test kit. I sometimes switch to cal-hypo for chlorine if my CH level allows that if I am suspecting the bleach is heat damaged (after all those cases were in a truck traveling in the heat and a warehouse at some point). Outside is just a fraction of a jug of bleach, at any time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.