First time test results from Pool Store (numbers posted)

Apr 22, 2011
FC - 6.2 & Total Chlorine 6.2
pH - 8.0
TA - 105 (TA adj = 83)
CH - 101
CYA - 60

Pool temp: 71 degrees.

It's a salt water system that runs a 12 foot round agp. It was installed two weeks ago, and I"m a complete newbie :wave:

I just took the paper with me from the store, with the numbers on it, and came home to really read it and then re-read the pool school chemistry again. I remember reading about being "pool stored" and didn't want that to happen, even though I have no idea what I'm doing. :lol:

I run the filter for 8 hours at night (cheaper electricity). Because it's so cool, no one is in the pool, except for once last weekend, when the sun shone for 5 minutes!! The water is clean and clear.

I've lowered the salt water chlorination automation to one light from two, as I guess I'm producing too much chlorine, right? It does not say to add salt, as that light is not on.

They said to:
1. add 10 kg of salt.
2. raise the alkalinity by adding "Dazzle Pro Balance TA" 1.12 kg.
3. add 230 g "Dazzle Pro Balance PH", weekly.
4. add 700 g of "Dazzle Pro Balance TH+" to raise calcium.
5. add 2.2 kg of "Dazzle Performance Plus" ??

Would love to hear what ya'll have to say about all of this.
Thx
Snick

Salt as necessary, scratch the calcium.........and "Dazzle" yourself as to what this site recommends to use to lower your PH (needs to be done), adjust your TA (you're ok), and CYA (could go up 10 or 20 ppm) in pool school.

You can save money by using generics for almost all of the chemicals.

Of the numbers you posted, the only thing that really needs to be done is to bring down the PH. I would target a PH of 7.5. The lest expensive way to do that is to use muriatic acid, sold by most hardware stores.

You didn't post a salt level, so I have no idea if you need to add salt or not.

JasonLion said:
You can save money by using generics for almost all of the chemicals.

Of the numbers you posted, the only thing that really needs to be done is to bring down the PH. I would target a PH of 7.5. The lest expensive way to do that is to use muriatic acid, sold by most hardware stores.

You didn't post a salt level, so I have no idea if you need to add salt or not.

Sorry, salt # is a 3100 and the manual says between 3200 and 4000, but when the store did the testing, they "figured my volume" was 15,000 liters, but upon further calculation, it's closer to
11000 liters.

TDS (does this mean total dissolved salt?) is 4500.

I've added the PH lower-er :) that the pool guys left me, and I'll retest in 2 hours, as per instructions.

Thanks so much. I've got a ton to learn!
Snick :)

JasonLion said:
TDS is total dissolved solids. That is the total of everything dissolved in the water. Mostly it is the salt (3100 of the 4500). TDS doesn't matter.

It sounds like you should raise your salt level :)

Thanks. Added salt. :) Will turn system on tomorrow to generate chlorine.

How long does it take to figure all this "stuff" out??? ;)
Snick :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.