Cloudy blue water

Aug 6, 2008
Delaware
Can someone advise me on clearing up cloudy pool water.I have a beautiful shade of blue water,and am able to see the third step on both the stairs and the ladder.Still unable to see the bottom of the pool liner after a week and a half of adjustments and running the filter :grrrr:
FC-5
TC-2
CC-(-3)
PH-7.4
Hardness-110
TA-110
CYA-90
Salt-4490

Thanks so much for all advice....I love this site! :party:

CC can't be negative, so there is something wrong with the FC/CC/TC results. Other than that, things look fairly good. CYA and Salt are both higher than I like to see, but I doubt they are high enough to cause any problems.

For the cloudy water, I suggest trying to add a little DE to your sand filter. There are instructions on how to do that in Pool School.

For a SWG, I recommend CYA between 70 and 80.

If you are getting FC of 5 and TC of 2, something has gone wrong. TC has to be higher than or equal to FC. Maybe the TC test is just starting to bleach out. You could try doing the test again with a one to one dilution with chlorine free water.

Susi - if your CC is really 3 you need to shock the pool - you should turn off the SWG and do an overnight FC loss test and see if your FC is holding. If the CC is 3 it probably isn't. Instructions are in Pool School. If you do need to shock - I recommend you drain some of the water out to lower your CYA level down to 60-70 and use liquid chlorine to shock the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.