DE filter and PSI..

Jan 12, 2011
Bel Air, MD
For the first month I had the pool, the PSI started at 20, then went up to 30 after a few days while cleaning,etc. Now I realize that it starts at like 7, then went down to 5 since yesterday. Does anyone know if something is wrong? I also notice the suction is not as good as before while vacuuming.. "Dirt Dust" is accumulating on the bottom of the pool..

You can take a water hose and try to flush water backwards toward the skimmer from the discharge of the pump. Sometimes that will dislodge a a pluggage. Is there any air in the pump strainer basket when it's running?

The fact that the pressure went down means you probably have some kind of blockage in the plumbing on the suction side of the pump.

Start by checking and cleaning the skimmer basket(s) and the pump strainer basket.

If that doesn't work, turn the pump off, open up the pump strainer basket area, and as Bama said, try running water backwards through the inlet pipe.

About the only reason the filter pressure goes down AND the suction goes down is that there's a blockage in the suction line somewhere. As Jason said, clean the skimmer and pump strainer basket first.
If the filter wasn't reassembled correctly then the pressure would go down but the suction would be the same or even increase.

JasonLion said:
The fact that the pressure went down means you probably have some kind of blockage in the plumbing on the suction side of the pump.

Start by checking and cleaning the skimmer basket(s) and the pump strainer basket.

If that doesn't work, turn the pump off, open up the pump strainer basket area, and as Bama said, try running water backwards through the inlet pipe.

which inlet pipe are you talking about?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.