Question about calculating my GPM

Sep 23, 2010
SC Lowcountry
Pool newb here, so please excuse my newbness. I thought it would be wise to have a " reasonably accurate" idea of my GPM and target on water turns. Without getting too complicated, will I be able to calculate my GPM with my filter gauge and by adding a vacuum gauge on the pump? I've read so much on this subject my head hurts, and I'm still confused.

Thanks

There is no real need to know your GPM, but if you want to try and figure it out, please tell us your filter pressure, your pipe size and length, how many pipe runs there are in each direction from the pool to the equipment pad, and if possible the vacuum pressure at the winterizing drain on the pump.

You can guess at your run time as a hint to how long you need to run your pump each day, but the real test is looking at the water. Run the pump a little longer than you think you need and see what the water looks like, then try a week at a shorter run time and if everything is still great try a shorter run time still.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.