Projecting a budget

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
I shifted to BBB late last fall. My CYA was so out of whack after 10 years of of tablets that I had tio drain the pool & start over. So far BBB has been a very positive experience for water maintenance.

Now I am entering peak season. My pool stays in bright sun 80% of the day. I have 35K gallon in ground pool. I'm starting to wonder how Clorox per week I am going to use to keep my pool chlorinated. I'm using 6% Clorox I buy from Sam's. Any veterans of several seasons worth of BBB care to offer me a guesstimate of weekly Clorox use? Since early spring I have been using 3-4 gallons a week.

Thanks

I also have a 35000 gallon pool that is in the sun from sun up to almost sun down. Last year I went through 2-4 182 ounce bleach jugs a week depending on bather load. I used maybe 2 gallons of muriatic all summer and that was it. Good luck!

Chlorine usage in mid summer when everything is working well should be between 1 and 2 ppm per day, often closer to 2. In your pool that works out to up to about 8 gallons of 6% bleach per week. Chlorine usage will be lower in the spring and fall, as you are seeing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.