Automatic Pool Vacs

May 9, 2011
Chicago, Il
Looking for advice on which auto pool vac I should purchase. I am not interested in one that needs electrical power as I will want to run it when my auto cover is on. The pool is set up for it but my pool company did not think I would need one.

I really do not get much in the pool due to the cover, but my many trees do tend to drop alot of seeds and I am assuming leaves in the fall.

My brother has used his Polaric 360 for years and loves it.

Thanks

Well, honestly, if you are going to keep it covered most of the time, then something as simple as a Leaf-Eater would do just fine for the few times you get leaves (if not just a pool rake.) This hooks to a garden hose on a pole and just uses pressure to suck the leaves up. If you are going to have fine small debris, than sure, a 360 or something like a Kreepy Krawly is fine. All pools going in have the single hol in the middle of a long wall. So you could pretty much pipe in anything. Just depends on how much you want to spend, and I would let the fall come and see what happens first. It does not sound like it will be anecessity. But if needed, a suction side cleaner that just runs around when the cover is on may be just right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.