Containing my SWG and Pump in a box

Hey folks.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not so wanted to see what the experts (or not) think of this idea.

I have a nice plastic deck box that will fit both my SWG and Pump. I wanted to run PVC in place of the plastic tubes and add valves and drains to the system and I thought I could mount both units into the box just to keep them safe from weather and people messing with them. Also could then mount a power strip inside the box for both units to run off of.

Here is the box
FishBowlPhoto_resized_745.jpg

And here is my limited setup :)
FishBowlPhoto_resized_747.jpg

I know there will be some limitations by having the units in the box but I can also see some benefits. I am open to suggestions though so let me know what you think.

Thanks!

It might get too hot inside the box. Both units need ventilation to work properly. The simplest thing to do is to put them under a small cover, instead of completely enclosing them in a box. That doesn't met all of your goals, but there is no risk of overheating that way.

I have my SWG/pump combo in a deck box to protect it from the weather. I used a 4 inch hole saw on the right and left side of the box for the hoses to come in and out and that also provides decent ventilation. The pump feels warm after a couple hour run but so far it's never felt hot. I also drilled two 2 inch holes in the floor of the box to let out the water that spills when goofing around with the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.