12' x 24' Oval / Deck / Retaining Wall

This is sooooo in my future! Very nice!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous! I have been thinking of getting the permanent agp for some time. I would soooooooo love to have that in my backyard! I love the way that even though you are on hilly terrain, that you made it look so easy. And my backyard is flat as a pancake, so I wouldn't have half the challenge you must have had. Great job!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its funny i just got 2 PM's in the last three days about the retaing wall, so i am putting up a few different pictures to show the slope we had. Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot raise your ground to accomadate an AGP.

Lets be careful when we talk about retaining walls for pools though, sure, it's correct that you can put a pool on a retaining wall BUT it has to be done right. One can't just haul in a bunch of dirt and build up one side and then put the pool on it. An AGP has tremendous weight and a retaining wall has to be built properly!!

There's no dispute that if an AGP is put on top of an improperly built retaining wall that this is a dangerous situation, for the owner an their family/property as well as the families adjacent.

Your pool and deck looks awesome, if people PM you regarding the retaining wall please include that they have to be built properly to withstand the weight of the pool.

A pool could weigh up to 80,000 lbs. I would want an indistructable raft, lotza bubble wrap and a helmet to go on my ride through the town below on my gush of water. :mrgreen: :shock:

All joking aside, I agree with you cramer. :goodjob:

Yes you really do need to put some thought into building a retaining wall to support your pool, as i stated to both in my PM's.
We compacted every 1' to 2' and also installed a drainage system around the perimeter.
My thought was that if they can build retaining walls to support highways, overpasses and buildings we could build one to support a pool.
But precautions should be taken and a little thoght put in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.