pool rover jr. question

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
My daughter surprised me and bought a pool rover jr. I used it for the first time last night. I'm having a problem with the cord twisting. As you can see by the picture, it tangles and keeps the rover from reaching clear across the pool. Anyone have any suggestions. I read that each time you use it you are to move the pin from one side of the wheel to the other to prevent it twisting. But it did this on the first run. Also, it says to keep the power box 10 feet from the pool. This doesn't leave me enough cord for it to go across the 30 foot pool. I measured the cord and it is only 38 ft. but information says it should be 41. I had to put the box right next to the edge.
original.jpg

To the rescue :super:

OK, after each use you want to stretch the cord out and untanggle it. Second, see how the front axle in the pic is slanted? Before trying to switch the pin from the left side to the right side wheel, make sure the axle is straight. This will literally cause the rover to start turning in the opposite direction before each use. The pin should be switched from the left/right after each 2hr cycle.

A 30ft round is a stretch for the rover cord. 10ft is certainly a saftey guidance, but imo 6ft would still be more than safe as long as it is at ground level. If it is still not reaching the other end of the pool, trying splitting the run time into 2 1hr runs, and move the rover and tranformer to the other end of the pool as far as possible. Ok...that's my thoughts.

Doesn't your cord have that dark blue anti-twist sleeve on it towards the plug end? Mine has one that revolves around the cord - it helps but does not prevent that twisting all the way. I usually end up doing just as dmanb2b suggested above

Thanks for the suggestions. I did straighten out the cord and let set in the sun before putting away. No, this does not have a anti-twist sleeve on it. Several things seem to be a bit different? Hope my daughter didn't order from a non-reputable place.

Mine was a refurb. (now on year 3) and did not come with the anti twist, as NWMN suggested (I wish it did :cry: ), but I do find using a wet hand and pulling the cord through my hand helps the cord "un-wind" :goodjob:

Hope the suggestions help!

Just got mine and it really cleans great..MUCH better than the Pentair Lil Shark I have..I cant seem to keep the cord straight either..I have switched the pins and starightened the cord out before putting it away and it still gets all balled up..Im going to try and store it with the cord lying out flat and see if that helps.

Mine doesn't have the antikink doohickie that the new ones have. So, as others have said, you have to straighten out the cord and untwist it. I've found actually twisting it a few times in the opposite direction it usually twists really helps. Also, try not having the pin in the furthest 'out' hole. That will make it turn more causing the kinks to happen. I use the first hole setting and it works great for my 33' pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.