Sooo now I have a beautiful pool...solar cover?

G

Thanks to this site and BBB I turned my swamp that I got with my house into a crystal clear and very inviting oasis. Problem now is it's COLD!! lol. Temps are going to get up to the 80's this weekend and I want it to warm up and keep as much heat as possible. What the rule with solar covers? Leave them on 24/7 when not in use? X number of hours a day?

You can leave the cover on almost all the time if you want to. You will get slightly more heat gain if you take it off while the sun is shining directly on the pool, but the difference isn't all that large. It is good to remove the cover at least an hour or two a week while the sun is on the pool to let the pool breathe, which helps avoid CC problems.

I am a strong advocate for the dark blue solar cover. Not only does it help heat and hold the water temp, but I have found that it saves a lot of chlorine when it is on. I use chlorine at a rate of .5 per day when the cover remains on. This has solved my problem of how to add chlorine when I am gone for a week on vacation. No need to enlist anyone to add chlorine if the pool is covered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.