Hardwareguy's Pool Build

Jul 28, 2007
Wabash, IN
I have been lurking in the forum for a couple of months since deciding to put in an IG pool. We live in Indiana so we decided on a IG Vinyl Lined pool for the open air rec room. Construction commenced on September 12 and they completed the project on September 30. We were out of town on Vacation for a week and when we returned, the pool was filled, Covermaster Auto Cover was installed and we were able to swim. Unseasonably warm weather (90 degrees) allowed the water to heat up quite a bit and the heat pump pushed the temps to around 80 degrees by evening. The smiles on my daughter's faces made the whole process, cost and decision well worth it!

BTW, the two men in the photo installing the bottom of pool are the owners of the pool company I contracted to build the pool. We had a GREAT experience.

Here are some of the details:

IG Vinyl Lined, 18'x38'
SWG/Goldline Controls
Jandy AE2000 Heat Pump
Hayward Sand Filter/1 hp pump
4 Deck Jets
CoverMaster Auto Cover

Here are some photos from beginning to the end of construction:

100_0249Small.jpg
[/img]
100_0251Small.jpg
[/img]
100_0276Small2.jpg
[/img]
100_0286Small.jpg
[/img]
100_0289Small.jpg
[/img]
100_0534Small.jpg
[/img]

That may be the nicest "poolkrete" floor work I've ever seen. Those guys are craftsmen for sure. Very nice work and a very nice pool.

I'm with you on the kids' smiles. Watching my kids in the pool makes it all worth it. :lol:

Awesome. Pool looks great.

Looks like a great homestead you have got there. They finished so quickly.

Did you hit rock in the deep end?

I really like the overall setting. Looks very tranquil.

Enjoy!

dsldo--Yes, we hit rock the whole time during excavation. Fortunately, it is mostly yellow, soft limestone and the excavator was able to dig it out very easily. The last 1 1/2 foot in the deep end was solid WHITE limestone and we used the Air Compressor/Jack Hammer for about 1/2 hour and we were done.

F500--The plywood in the corner is simply to protect the step so that no one would walk down it and into the pool. PB did not want it to get dirty after they got it all cleaned as well as not getting any of the PoolKrete on the step when they were finishing the floor. I can take some more photos if you want, just let me know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.