Small Pool. Need suction cleaner?

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I have a 9000 gallon fiberglass pool. For the last year I have been mainly using my Pool Blaster Max to clean it and it worked great until like all of those units, mine failed. So now I am back to dragging out the hose and using the vac head to clean it.

I am considering getting an automatic cleaner but have some questions and criteria.

Pool Plumbed for options.
My pool pad has a couple extra lines buried running to the pool that currently aren't plumbed to anything at the pad. I was told that they could be hooked up to a cleaner. I'm assuming it would be a return side cleaner since there is an extra (currently plugged) hole in the top side of my pool opposite side of another pool return.

Should i invest in having this plumbed for return side cleaning or would it be worth it for such a small pool?

Inexpensive
My pool is small. I am young and I don't want to spend a lot of money. So i can continue to clean manually at no added expense but am exploring my options. I don't want to spend over $300.

Dependable

I just wasted $280 on a Pool Blaster Max purchased in April 2010. It is already dead and the company refuses to help me. They said, "tough luck," essentially.

I want to buy a simple, dependable effective cleaner. One that will last for years to come.

Suction vs. Return Power

I once thought it would make more sense to use the return cleaner since that would leave my skimmer freed up to skim. But then I wondered if the hose for the cleaner would be lurking on the water surface making my skimmer largely ineffective any way. By this i mean, with a small pool and one skimmer at the end, will ANY hose cause debris to collect against it rather than finding it's way into the skimmer?

Recommendations

Can someone recommend a good cleaner that will meet my needs? Should I just forget it and stick with cleaning manually?

Will I be frustrated regardless of what I buy in that price range?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.