Duoclear warranty voiding & general Q's about SWGs

vv111y

May 26, 2011
1st timer here, Hello to everyone and thanks to all for setting up this forum & all the good posts/contributions

Signed up as we've heard nothing but good things about SWG's + the Duoclear is on sale till Saturday up here in Niagara: $1000CAD system, $100CAD for cartridge, $200 install (may do it myself)

Zodiac's lifetime warranty requires a new cartridge every year, otherwise warranty is void.

If we skip the cartridge, void the warranty, then how does the Duoclear compare pricewise? As in the TCO (total cost of ownership). 3 costs I can think of : initial system, replacing electrode module, electrical use.
I assume that initial cost and electrical use are similar among brands, leaving only the electrodes.
Is it a bad idea to lose the warranty?

Got some info in pool-school, but to be clear:
- Are SWG's that much better?
- I was told that with savings on chemicals, you get your money back in about 3 years, true?
- Are they the overall best choice (vs say UV light)t?
- is Duoclear a good pick or is there better?

Thanks.

You're better off looking at something else. The compu-pool's are gaining in reputation and they don't require the cartridge.

Look at it this way. If you buy a new cartridge every year to maintain the warranty you could put that in the bank and every 4 years buy a new cell for what you would spend for the cartridge.

I was thinking the same thing re replacing the cell.
I'm just looking at the compu-pool - your right, as low as $510USD. Almost half the price. Plus it's see-thru.
... plus 1amp power vs 4amp for duoclear, :shock: wow.

So far so good with the compu-pool... How old are they?

compu-pool's site says model#CPSC24 is for 30K gallon, but google product says it's 26K gallon. So this model or next size up?

EDIT: just read JasonLion post - so they are new, not much history, but so far so good. Sounds promising...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.