What if your colorblind

Which grade of colorblind is she? By the way, it's very odd for a female to be colorblind.

I'm red/green colorblind and have no problems with the tests in the TF-100. The only one that gives me problems is the pH test and it's not so bad that I can't figure it out.

Bama Rambler said:
Which grade of colorblind is she? By the way, it's very odd for a female to be colorblind.

I'm red/green colorblind and have no problems with the tests in the TF-100. The only one that gives me problems is the pH test and it's not so bad that I can't figure it out.

I too am red color blind and can usually test everything with confidence besides pH which takes a bit of concentration and sometimes another opinion. I find testing at sunset works the best as the sky is a neutral blue and no shadows are cast.

The ColorQ is generally good, but it is quirky. None of the tests work when FC is above 10. Very high CH levels can throw the readings off. The CH and CYA tests have less precision than you really want. Some people also have problems with doing the CYA test correctly and get incorrect results. If you understand the issues it is very usable, but the TF100 and K-2006 are definitely better for most people.

Even being colorblind I'd recommend the TF-100 or K-2006 kits. As I said, the biggest problem I have is the pH test and it just takes a little staring and comparing.

The biggest issue I've had all my life is convincing non-colorblind people that I'm colorblind, not blind. I see colors, they just don't look the same to me as they do to you. Comparing colors is a lot easier than trying to tell someone what a color is.

Even if she has a problem with the pH test she can get a cheap ph meter to do that for her.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.