Polaris Tail squirts out a lot of water.

So the plumber has tested the pool and cannot find any leaks using pressure testing and moisture sensor around the pool. Is it possible that the polaris that runs 5 hours a day is squirting out 200 gallons a day. The tail comes out and squirts quite frequently, is that plausible? If so how can I get it to quit doing that? The leak checker I ourchased indicates water loss beyond evaporation.

I don't think there is anyway it's shooting out that much water however, if it sprays out a lot as mine did, you might want to look into a weight that fits on the end of the tail to keep it from spraying out so much.

I'll see if I still have the link to the website where I got mine if you are interested.

medelman2k said:
So the plumber has tested the pool and cannot find any leaks using pressure testing and moisture sensor around the pool. Is it possible that the polaris that runs 5 hours a day is squirting out 200 gallons a day. The tail comes out and squirts quite frequently, is that plausible? If so how can I get it to quit doing that? The leak checker I ourchased indicates water loss beyond evaporation.

I also have a Polaris 360 and it squirts the dog all the time!! But seriously, I also had a leak my first year of a new pool. After much searching, the pool company sent in the diver-he found the main drain plastic housing cracked where the drain cover/screen fasteners screw in. It appears the pool plaster guys, used oversized screws when installing the drain screens. The diver fixed the crack easily with epoxy putty that works under water. He also found small spaces between the skimmer doors and the pool concrete walls-also fixed with the epoxy putty. Alas, no more leaks

For various reasons that I don't feel like rehashing, at the end of my job, my pb ended up calling out American Leak Detectors just to "prove me wrong", basically.

I hadn't even said that there was a leak, but my pb was trying to do pressure test that he couldn't get to hold... so he called ALD's.

They found no leaks in the lines that were in question, but they did find some "pinhole" leaks around at least 2 of the return fittings where the plaster meets the plastic.... and supposedly fixed the leaks with the above mentioned waterproof putty (which I know works bc this is what they used to fix a rather large leak in my spa... which also was where the plaster met the jet fittings.)

Knowing what I experienced... if I had ANY DOUBT about my pool leaking, I'd pay the $400-500 for an inspection. Even then, they might no be perfect... but you're much closer to knowing for sure.

Best of luck....

200 gallons a day.... that sounds like a lot of water.

200 gallon buckets of water sitting around your pool? hmm...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.