Aerator barely functions

Jun 10, 2008
Hello-

I have an aerator that worked well at one time. However, some work was done around the pool equipment (not sure if this is related, but seems suspicious). It appears that a repair was made, since I see blue glue everywhere on the PVC that goes to the aerator.

Currently, the aerator (even with my pump on high speed) just barely drips water - far different than the high flow that shot out of the pool from the far side.

I removed the plastic deflector that fans out the water and I have left the valve wide open for several months. I don't see any improvement.

Do you guys think maybe the repair people got too much blue glue in my pipes? Or, do you think something else may be happening? I figure if it was clogged with dirt it would improve over time. There is some flow, but it's probably 1 gallon in 2-3 hours. It's REALLY slow.

Thanks for your help!

Dmdrums

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.