Houston, or thereabouts, we have a problem

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
I just tried to answer a post 2X that is wrongly in the 'Suggestion' area about abandoning an in floor cleaning system and switching to a suction side cleaner ---- however, I can't respond in that area :? - Can Sean or one of the mods move it and include my initial reply?

I'll put in my second attempt at responding :
Hi and welcome to TFP!! :-D

I am a little reluctant to advise someone to abandon a system which has ~ 20 +/- holes in the floor with no good way to plug them :( However, if you would tell us how many regular (wall) returns you have and what suction ports you have (skimmer(s) MD (there ought be a MD!), perhaps a designated vac port - I may be able to come up with something - also what are the pump and filter sizes and styles? What may be happening is that the screen/ filter inside your actuator valve is clogged and/ or the springs on the pop ups have deteriorated. I'm certified to work on Caretaker 99 systems, now Polaris, but I think they all work the same. If you'd let us know a little more about the setup of your pool and system, we'll work out what good advise we can proffer {-for Dave :p :wink: -}

I'm here almost daily and will keep my 'eye' on this question and help you all I can :) Again, welcome to TFP :goodjob:

Thanks - Ted

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.