neighbor's pool cloudy&green...

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Help!!!please double check my sugestion to my neighbor on there pool..Inground vinyl..sand filter..check'd there water result's..ph=7.2...fc=7.5....cc=.5...Tc=8.0...alk=170...calcium hardness=170..Cya +100...The pool store test was 130..which they said was normal....Water is cloudy&green tent still..they have been fighting this sincelast week ..add'd what the pool people said to add....I told them that they were going to have to drain atleast 1/2 of water and replace with fresh.....I'm I right on that??? tring to get them straighten'd out and on the BBB method...

Thank's guy's I just wanted to make sure...I suggested that they join the forum and get the test kit&use the pool calculater..I told her she should double check me but the only way you will get it to clear up is to drain atleast half...How to you check cya over 100?????...I've never been that high..

You can do the test with dilution. Mix equal parts of pool water and tap water together, measure the CYA level of that, and multiply the result by two. The results will be less precise, but they will give you an idea of your CYA level.

kplaster said:
Thank's...The pool company recomend's 30-150 cya level..wow!!!..It max'd over 100 with my test..the pool company said it was 130...which they said was fine...

Isn't it amazing what some of the "professionals" recommend? :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.