Anywhere to buy doughboy skimmer basket/other parts?

Infe

May 23, 2011
I'm in need of a skimmer basket for my doughboy pool but have only found one place online that sells them, and they want $35 with shipping (jeez). I'm sure I can go get one at a similarly gouging doughboy dealer, but is there anywhere I can buy a doughboy basket or just a compatible one at a reasonable price? And any other doughboy parts I might need. Thanks!

There are many places on the Internet that sell replacement parts. You need to figure out exactly which basket you need first. Usually there is a part number on the skimmer basket. Once you have a part number, doing a Google search will turn up many people selling them.

They must have changed their policy. A year or 2 ago I was looking for a part for my pump (doughboy powerpakII) and I only found 1 place on-line and they were shutting down their on-line doughboy parts business. I emailed them and they said that doughboy was trying to protect their reps and was not allowing on-line sales. You would have to go local. I guess it depends on your local dealer. My local dealer is so high in price for everything and so upity and obnoxious (especially when I told them I put {gasp} bleach in my pool) that I want to replace everything I can that is doughboy branded and be done with them. I can't complain about the quality of the pool, just the price for parts and the attitude of the store people make me want to avoid them.
If someone has a link to on-line parts I would love to have it.

I have looked in the past online without any success either. I also don't like my Doughboy dealer much, either, which is really a shame, because I think my Doughboy pool is really well-made. I only get what I have to there, which is mostly just small parts.

Ah, well at least I'm not alone! I kept wondering where all the online parts were :lol:

I'll try the local dealer though. Can't be much worse than $35, hopefully $9 like yours.

By the way, just curious since there are some fellow Doughboy owners here, how long do the liners seem to last? Although I don't think I have the original liner...we just moved in last year and will get to try the pool for the first time hopefully next week if it's warm! My wife thinks I'm crazy putting bleach into the pool, so just as long as there are results, I will look smart :party:

My TFT-100 test kit is on the way!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.