AutoPilot - pump off for maintenance

May 25, 2011
I am new to the forum and hope it is ok to continue this topic rather than start a new one, even if my problem is quite different.
No, not really. Moved to a new topic. JasonLion

My DIG 220 has been running for about 2 years now. It controls my single speed pump and has been doing so without a hitch.

I recently got a "clean cell" error message and sure enough the cell was significantly scaled.

Since cleaning and restarting the system, it automatically puts the "pump off for Service" every time one of the pump programs ends.

I have unplugged the power supply and restarted the system to no avail.
Can someone please help

Problem was found to occur at random times during operation and not simply at end of program as initially posted.

Problem was solved by replacing the relay as suggested by local supplier.

Been running for a month now without issue.

This problem resurfaced after changing the relay and has plagued me intermittently for the last 4 years.

Did an inspection of the control board and noticed a defective 1000uf, 16v capacitor which I replaced.
Hopefully this solves the problem.

Will report after a period of running the system.

Thank you for posting,and following up on this thread. Although it required no extensive discussion from our local resident experts, it may prove a valuable resource for someone else suffering similar problems.

Had a go at it again.
In addition to disconnecting the control board, I removed the button cell in an effort to erase volatile memory.

It's early days yet but so far the system has run for 2 days without throwing the "Pump off for Service" fit.

Contrast that with tripping about every hour following replacement of defective capacitor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.