Can I use Gorilla pads along with happy feet?

May 25, 2011
I am replacing a 11 x 26 oval pool that fell down this past winter with a 12 x 24 oval. My old liner was destroyed by gravel that came up from the sand base after 12 years. I want to reuse the base since its already level. I live in the NYC area and do not have a driveway so dumping yards of sand & wheel barreling into my yard will be difficult. So I was wondering if I could use the gorilla pad topped off with the happy feet to cushion the bottom. Or would the Gorilla pads be enough to cushion the bottom?
Thanks!

We have the Gorilla pad - it's wonderful, comfy on the feet and strong. Also, it comes in one piece so no spliced pieces. You already have a level base? Then the GP should be fine - it is intended to be the base without another pad under or over.

Gorilla pad is very strong, nice and thick - rocks will not break through it. I would still try to pick out any larger gravel/rock items though - maybe rake your base a bit before laying it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.