Possible skimmer issue?

Apr 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Should the suction on my vacuum be really obvious? I can feel a small amount of suction, but not much, and it certainly doesn't seem to be sucking up anything.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of clog in my skimmer line. If I'm running my filter and shut off the main drain, looking through the filter cover, it looks like all the water goes out (though the skimmer will still have some suction). But technically, the suction should increase quite a bit on my skimmer line, correct?

Not sure where to really start tracking down what might be wrong...

Yes, it should be obvious that you have strong suction. If you were to hold your hand up close to the line, it should pull your palm to seal the opening with some force. If you have isolated the skimmer line by shutting of all other sources of suction, it should pull pretty hard. If not, then I would agree that an obstruction is possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.