Full test tonight, I think I'm doing good, need reassurance

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
Ran a full test tonight.

FC - 2.5 (sunny today and also lots of rain in the last two days, cranked the SWG to make up ground)
CC - 0
pH - 7.6
TA - 70
CH - 210
CYA - 60
Temp - 84
Salt - 2800

Other than the FC being a little low and knowing I'm going to need to add salt once it catches up the FC, do you all see anything else I should tinker with? Water looks really good and I haven't done much of anything to it in at least two weeks(thanks to everyone here). I'd take a pic but it's windy right now. Forecast is for some of the worst weather events that we've ever had in this area.

Re: Full test tonight, I think I'm doing good, need reassura

I will work on bumping up the CYA a bit tomorrow. A little concerned though that my SWG is now reading 3400 and the chlorine level hasn't changed from 2.5 with 100% output for the last 2 hours. I had my underwater cleaner running but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with slowing down the FC production.

Raising the CYA level will make it easier for the SWG to keep up.

If you continue to have problems, you should do an overnight FC loss test (described in Pool School) to see if you have a low level algae problem.

Checked the FC when I got home today. It's up to 3 after running the SWG at 50% for around 5 hours. The CC checked at .5. We had some big storms last night and there was quite a bit of debris in the pool, which I assume caused the raise in CC. I turned the SWG up to 100% and will run it for 5 more hours to see where it ends up. Then I'll check it in the morning to see where it drops to. May have to shock, which I was hoping to not have to do again. Water is still very clear though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.