my new pool is my new swap!

jroq

May 25, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hello...just joined today! Hope to get alot of good advice/help becuz i just moved into a new house (its an old house but new to me) with a pool and its my first pool! Unfortunately, the pool is a swap at the moment...the bottom piece of the filter cracked and hasn't been replaced for over 2 months, so there's been no circulation or filtering of any kind. I just ordered the bottom piece and hope to have it installed this weekend. Just wanted to kno if i can still use the same water or should i drain and start fresh? Any tips and/or advice will be greatly appreciated. So please point me in right direction. Thanks!

I seriously doubt you'll need to drain, but get your filter fixed, get some circulation going, get some test numbers up (with a reliable test kit), and we can go from there.

Most likely you just need to go through the shock process. If you have any leaves or other matter in the pool, start getting that out with a net or whatever you can use for now so that when the filter is fixed and you are ready to shock, the process will have an easier time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.