Chlorine loss per day

jasonknox

Platinum Supporter
May 4, 2010
SW Georgia
Bama Rambler said:
Do you have a good test kit?

Post a set of test results and how you got them.

We have a 24' pool and use about a quart a day with 50 ppm CYA. You should use a little more than that.

If your CYA is a little low you would use more, but from your statement you're using about normal.

Bama

What loss per day is your demand figured on? If I have done my math right it looks like 1ppm. 12*12*3.14*4*7.5 = 13,565 gal. or 1.7 million oz. 1 quart of 6% has 1.92 oz. of chloine. I seem to lose 2 to 3 ppm per day.

I probably lose close to 2 ppm per day. Also I have an additional effector. I use a solar cover almost 100% of the time when someone isn't in the pool. Granted, it's clear, so I still lose some FC from UV, but it helps a little.

Ok guys... you are way over my head!!! I have never calculated any ppm... don't even know what it is!!!! lol

I did do the OCTL and had my FC go from 13 to 11 this morning.

My numbers now:
FC = 15.5
CC = 0

My numbers from this morning:
Here are my numbers:

FC - 11
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 150
CH - 150
CYA - 30

ppm = parts per million
When you say your FC is 11---that's 11 ppm. I don't "calculate" anything. Just go by what I raised my FC to the night before and see what it is when testing again the next night to add more juice.
If I had raised it to 8ppm----then next night checked it at 5ppm...............I lost 3 ppm.

Bama Rambler said:
I probably lose close to 2 ppm per day. Also I have an additional effector. I use a solar cover almost 100% of the time when someone isn't in the pool. Granted, it's clear, so I still lose some FC from UV, but it helps a little.

Thanks for the clarification Bama my pool has no cover and I have already been leaning toward increasing the CYA as Jason suggested, I am just waiting until my next backwash to add any.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.