SWG? & pebblesheen - plaster or fiberglass? Plaster, right?

RawhideKid

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 16, 2010
Ok - i'm sure this is a stupid question, but I can't quite figure it out. Getting ready to open my new pool in about a week, and studying up on chemicals, testing, etc. Bought the big fancy test kit, but haven't tested my water yet.

PB said we won't turn on the SWG for several weeks (6?) after the pool is complete. He is NOT a big fan of SWG's. Not sure why. Anyone know? Will it damage the pebblesheen somehow? I guess I'll buy some liquid chlorine to put in for several weeks. Guess I can test my water (from the hose after running a few min). I know I'll have to run the filter a lot to clean the water from the dust created from the pebble application. (plaster?) Will I likely need acid or borax?

anyway, I was studying the pool calculator.com site...towards the bottom, it has a section on suggested goal levels, and you can select a pool surface of vinyl, plaster, or fiberglass. Now I know that pebble isn't vinyl, but is it considered plaster or fiberglass? I'm guessing plaster...The pebble site has the content below...

help here? I need to read and re-read some content...

copy from pebble site:

Pebble Tec® brand pool finish is the original pebble pool finish and still delivers the enduring natural elegance and durability that combines beauty with exceptional value. Available in 18 attractive colors, our original Pebble Tec pool interior is the perfect choice for individuals desiring a more natural look for their pools, spas or water features.

Created with pebbles from around the world that are selected for their color and beauty.

Re: SWG? & pebblesheen - plaster or fiberglass? Plaster, rig

You all must be getting pretty excited, just in time for the HOT Az heat.....congrats! When our pool was installed about a year ago the PB got our water dialed during start up. But if I remember right I used a lot of Baking Soda & acid in the first few months. You will need acid during start up and from here on out. I'm not sure about not using the SWG for the first few months. Maybe there is just to much plaster dust and what not in the water and its bad for the SWG cell?

Re: SWG? & pebblesheen - plaster or fiberglass? Plaster, rig

Shane1 said:
You all must be getting pretty excited, just in time for the HOT Az heat.....congrats! When our pool was installed about a year ago the PB got our water dialed during start up. But if I remember right I used a lot of Baking Soda & acid in the first few months. You will need acid during start up and from here on out. I'm not sure about not using the SWG for the first few months. Maybe there is just to much plaster dust and what not in the water and its bad for the SWG cell?

Thanks Shane - what is the best place to buy acid? Pool store? I have a shasta outlet nearby...

I'll check the pool school for more info. And yes, just in time. Kids are out of school on Friday, and they are bugging me to get the pool DONE! After 15 years in AZ, it's about time we had a pool for this heat!!!

thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.