Does the filter tank has air compressed? I feel chicken

May 24, 2011
Hi all , I am new on this.

When the contractors closed it i didn't have the chance to see or to ask them what they did. Now I want to open the swimming pool by myself. I realized they unplugged 4 bolts from the pump, loosen the clamp that holds the valve to the filter tank and removed the manometer.

What I have done:
Retired, washed and stocked the cover
Added the shock liquid to the water, water seems not dirty
I have put all the 4 bolts in the pump.
I have Tighten the clamp
I have put the manometer

Everything seems ready to be started, just i feel chicken because the handbook says it is dangerous if there is compressed air in the tank, how can i know?, what do i have to do?

Most filters have an air vent on the top. You open the air vent, fill the pump strainer basket with water, close the pump strainer basket, and turn on the pump. As soon as a steady stream of water comes out of the top of the filter, close the air vent.

A few filters with a multi-position valve on top don't have an air vent, in which case you skip the steps related to the air vent.

When you start the pump, keep an eye out for water spraying out somewhere unexpected. If you get a jet of water, turn off the pump and figure out what is going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.