Leaves in bottom of Pool, will it clear

CYA is not gonna read it was 0 at Pool store so I am putting some in as we speak gonna throw some schlorine in a bit and test an hour later hopefully it will be dark enuff and the chlorine will work at night alot better. But I am gonna get a sample and post some numbers but earlier numbers were

FC 3
CC .5
PH 7.5
Alk 60
Calc 90
Pool Store CYA 0

after this reading I bought back up to 15 fc

Might be a good time to go ahead and really hammer the pool overnight by bumping to FC up considerably with bleach. Since you have no CYA in the pool now and the sun is down (no UV rays to burn your FC off), you can make some headway rather easily. This is assuming of course that you are able to run your pump and filter water and you have the time this evening to dedicate to it.

shallow end
NewImage2.jpg

deep end
NewImage.jpg

also shallow end steps
NewImage3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep the FC up until you can pass the overnight test. I can tell you though that if you have leaves in there, it's going to be almost impossible to pass the test. You need to get them out as soon as possible. You'll have to stay at shock level until you have everything out and can pass the test. The gray color will start going clear as your filter catches up, just keep the FC level up!

Yep but once it starts clearing it may creep up.

That said, it will help if you can edit your signature line with all your major specifics like mine. I can tell you it will take longer to clear if you have a sand filter, for example. Mine takes a few days to clear from gray to clear.

The leaves are going to make the process slow. Patience is key. It took almost a week to clear my pool the first time I had to shock, and it was just some algae on the floor and sides, not a swamp at all (no green water).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.