Silica Sand=Filter Sand????

I ordered a new Sand Filter....I checked locally and was quoted $700 plus sand at the local pool store for a 24" filter. I got one on ebay, shipped to my door for $220 (inc. shipping!!!) It's a 25" 300 lb filter.
Now I need to find a good deal for the sand....lol...The cheapest thing on a pool is the owner! :lol:
The local pool supply wants around 16 bucks for a 50 pound bag. I called home Depot...they said they didn't carry it. I called a local building supply place and they said they had silica sand in two sizes....20/30 and 70....I asked him if that was the size of the grain or the number...he didnt know. In any case he's selling his stuff for $14.25 for a 100 lb bag.
My question to you experienced guys.....Should I go with the actual "filter sand" from the pool supply or could I get away with the building supply silica and if so ....20/30 or 70??? Or is this not enough info?
Thank

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.