Plumbing questions?

May 7, 2011
My pool gunite is complete, and am awaiting coping and tile work this week. I am acting as my own contractor and am getting limited help from the person that I am purchasing equipment from.

The roughed-in plumbing consists of the following:

1. Two main drains plumbed to single 2" line.
2. Two skimmers each with 2" line stubbed out.
3. Four 1-1/2" returns that are tied together in a single 2" loop around the pool.

My questions are:

A. Should the skimmers have separate 2" pipe runs back to the pump, with a valve for each, or tied together right before a single valve?
B. The main drain line run 2" back to the pump?
C. Is a single looped 2" return line adequate? I read that some pools use separate lines for each return?

Thanks,

Ideally the skimmers should each have their own 2" run back to the pump. I find it most useful to put a separate valve on each skimmer like and then a three way valve that selects between the main drain and the skimmers.

Yes, the main drain should have 2" back to the pump.

A 2" looped return system is alright, though it is nicer in some ways to plumb four 1 1/2" lines each with a valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.