Intex ultra frame 24" NOT level...

Apr 24, 2011
Without throwing around the blame...I filled the pool up to the bottom of the skimmer. I measured...one side of the pool (maybe 1/4 of the circumference) is about 5 inches lower than the rest. The rest is off in some parts about 1-2". My hubby does NOT want to take down the pool and re-level. He says our old intex (16")was off about 4" (another house) and did just fine.

In case you need to know...the ground was "leveled" then we added about 1-2" of sand for cushioning and to help protect against rocks. We got all the rocks we could find, but it's rocky ground, just wanted an extra layer of protection, then a gorilla pad.

Can anybody tell me it'll be okay?

An inch isn't a big deal, but 5" is a lot. You won't be able to fill the pool all the way, the skimmer won't work correctly if it is on the high side, and there is some chance of the extra water on the low side knocking down the wall.

With a 24 foot pool it is best to get it right the first time, as it can be a real pain to fill it up only to have to drain it again.

Hi Becky,

I don't think anyone will come out and say it will be "OK". Having a pool that is not level is like having a top heavy car driving fast around a corner. An accident waiting to happen. I have this same pool and I spent days making sure my pool was level. My build is in my signature. My pool is level within 1/2" all the way around and I keep a close eye on mine. I can't imagine any pool being 5" off and be safe. I would not take the chance if that was my pool.

5" is a lot IMO. Will it hold, maybe. A 24" round pool holds around 13,000 gals or water. Should the wall fail or lean over, there is risk of injury ortherwise the manual would tell you it is within tolerance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.