AutoPilot salt question

Donna's Poolboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Iowa
I think I know the answer to my question, but I want to check here with the experts first. I have a PoolPilot Digital SC-48 that's giving me an error message to add salt. It's reading only around 800 ppm. I used Aquachek salt test strips and they show the level at around 3500-4000. Based on the amount of salt I've added this season , I know the strips are correct.
If I turn the system off and reset it, it will show the salt at 6000ppm. But in a short time, the flashing red light will come on and the "add salt" message displays.

I've checked all th connections, cleaned the manifold screen and inspected the cell--all are good. My thought is I need to replace the tri-sensor cable (this unit is one that has the Quick connect cord). Is there anything else I should check (like the Tri-sensor itself)?

Also, with the newer version, the cord and tri-sensor are all one piece, correct?

Please let me know. Thanks!
Bill

Yes the new trisensors have the cord hardwired to the trisensor.

You can remove the trisensor and inspect the salt sensor plates. You don't want to see any calcium scale (white crusty stuff) on the sensor. Also check that the cable is intact and free of cuts or sharp crimps, and solidly connected at both ends.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.