Opening Numbers from Sevver

sevver

Mar 27, 2007
Morris, IL
My pool has been open for a few weeks, but I have not done a full blown test on it til now. I wanted to wait for my new tfp test kit.

FC = 1
CC = 0
TC = 1 verified with the daily test kit too!! :)
TA = 230 I fought that all last year too. :evil:
CH = 210
CYA = 30
Ph = 7.8

From this, I can see that I need to add more chlorine, and that my Ph is getting high. The Ph thing is probably due to the TA being so high. I think I am going to try to connect my air compressor to my Tee I have in the return line... :idea: I really had a hard time last year trying to lower that, and I think it is where I left off last year, it was originally around 280.

Now it is time for me to try to speed up the lowering of my TA. I am introducing my air compressor into the jet return, thus making lots of bubbles. I will continue adding muriatic acid, keeping the Ph at around 7.2 or so while aerating the water. I would love to get it down and hopefully it works. Here is some pics.

lowerta001fg5.jpg

lowerta002xl7.jpg

lowerta003wq3.jpg

lowerta004gp3.jpg

lowerta005ss7.jpg

If anything, I got a hot tub out of it. :wink:

Woke up this morning, and checked numbers.

Cl was 2,
Ph was 7.8,

I lowered the Ph to 7.2 and raised the Cl to 4
Then I checked the TA and it is already down to 110. I plan on letting it run until about noon today and testing it again. This is working like a charm.

Server
Great ideal ... but have a question?
How much pressure is the air adding back in to the system ?
The reason I am asking is I am working on a ideal to build a system / gadget that will drop ALK in a faster with out the need to drop the pH in the whole pool.
Steve

My gauge is questionable so I am not sure. I will get a new gauge and check it with the air off, then with the air on. The thing is, the air comes in way after the filter, right before the return, so I would think that the pressure just gets expelled out of the easiest place, which would be the jet. If I point the jet out of the water, you can definately both hear and see a major difference in pressure. And if you look at the return fitting outside the pool, it is actually shaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.