RO Treatment started

Bobba

May 7, 2011
Due to work schedule and already high temps here in Phoenix, I am having the pool RO filtered instead of draining and filling. My current TDS level is a shocking 18,000 and salt level is 9000! I measured Calcium Hardness at 1625. I have been using only liquid chlorine for the last 3 years and actually it has worked quite well. We have pretty hard water and a high evaporation here which am sure is a big factor and I only backwash when pressure rises. Hopefully, I will be able to post good results tomorrow.

Treatment is complete and I am very satisfied with the results. TDS is now 2000 and Calcium Hardness is at 200. Excellent results given the exceptioally high starting levels. I am impressed with Calsaway, especialy Jon, who was very professional, knowledgable and courteous during the entire process. It actually lasted another day due to the starting levels. As far as total cost, I would estimate it at about double that of a DIY drain and fill. I will refrain from posting actual price but considering their time and costs involved it was very reasonable. Due to near 100 degree temps and my work schedule it was a great alternative in my case. I will be adhering to a much more aggresive backwash/testing schedule in the future!

my fill is 50 ch so i dont have to worry about that right, would RO work with high cya?

The cable guy movie- jim carey on how he got the huge sound system into appartment.
"how else would I get it in here? Osmosis?"

RO can lower CH and CYA and salt, etc.

Service seems to only be available in southern California and AZ.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.