Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New handrails for existing pebble-tech pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New handrails for existing pebble-tech pool

I am considering making an offer on a house which already has a small pebble-tech pool. There are no handrails at the steps. I am handicapped and would need to have two rails installed, so I could support myself on both sides while entering/exiting the pool. How difficult and costly a task would this be to do in an existing pool?

(My apologies if I posted on the wrong forum. I couldn't decide if I should post here or in the equipment section.)

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Built 3/08: 12x30 IG gunite/plaster play pool w/ in floor cleaning heads & auto water leveler, (10,584 gal), two Jandy Stealth SHPF 1.0 hp pumps, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Taylor K-2005 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Hi, and welcome to TFP!

This looks like a fine place for your post. Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question!!

Someone who can will be along shortly!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    You can get rails which are mounted only to the deck, so the pebble-tec won't make any difference.

If you have to mount something to the pebble-tec it can be done fairly easily if you don't mind the risk of having a little bit of obvious patching around the mounting point.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the welcome and the replies.

I do not think deck mounted rails would go far enough down the steps or support enough weight, but if they could be mounted into the pool that would be great.
    Built 3/08: 12x30 IG gunite/plaster play pool w/ in floor cleaning heads & auto water leveler, (10,584 gal), two Jandy Stealth SHPF 1.0 hp pumps, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Taylor K-2005 test kit.