16 x 32 Inground Vinyl FINALLY COMPLETED!!! Pergola added.

tatertot09

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Lenoir City TN
So after many quotes and onsite consultations we believe we have finally decided on a PB- and after a lot of number crunching- we are going with Clear Pool and Spa in Ohio!!

We are doing as follows!!!!
16x32- 6 in. radius - 7ft deep end
Steel wall
Pea Gravel Backfill
LED light
3 feet of concrete and 6ft on steps end
8 foot step
1 ladder
1 skimmer
3 returnes ( one in the steps )
The maintenance Accessories
Filter is-
Hayward 1 HP
Hayward 22 inch 250 lbs sand filter
Rough in for Heater
1 year chemicals
Pool Open & Close-
Saftey Cover
Solar Cover
4 Deck Jets
and the upgraded 28 mill Liner
Includes Permiting, Licensing, Insurance
10,000 Gallons of water
Drains for Water Table
and Electrical work.
Also throwing in the umbrella sleeves for free! (ha free)

As we just agreed upon pricing of 24,800

We are responsible for Fencing and landscaping- We will do the land scaping our selves and we know the owner of a Fencing company there for, getting a better deal!!! We are removing about 3 feet of our paver patio just to replace it with pavers again, but we are doing a 1-2 ft paver apron around the concrete!

Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl - Quote and Contract!

Very happy to hear you 'sealed the deal' :cheers:

With a safety cover, it'd be best to have a 3' concrete apron around the pool before going to the paver deck, which you'll have but it'd be better to have 4' of concrete around the stairs and corners (the corners make 3' not quite enough to install the anchors :( )

Also, is the 10,000 gallons of water what the PB will provide to set the liner? (my calculations show your pool will be 15,000+ gallons)

I love the fact that they realize the need for drainage!

Sounds like a good plan but I fear the 1 HP won't give the deck jets enough 'ooomph' - you'd probably be better off with a 2 speed 1.5 HP pump.

I'd also add another suction source (NOT necessarily a main drain) which has a separate line from the skimmer (it could be another skimmer or a couple low, in wall, suctions)

If you could post a diagram of the proposed plumbing, we could better advise :-D

Don't have a Diagram of the plumming yet- but I did ask for a side drain, - so I can plug the manual vaccum into it instead of taking up the skimmer- Considering doing the 2 speed 1.5- the 10k of water (you are correct!!) is for setting the liner- we are responsible for the rest of the fill, but I am not to worried as we have two spickets, and can tell the city we are filling a pool and they will cut out sewage. Probably going to be signing the complete contract with in the next day or so!!! - The DH is wanting the Deck Jets so badly as this is my little project and its the only thing he wants for the whole project. LOL

One other thing, can you bump up the filter size? A larger filter is always preferable :cool:

A dedicated vac line is fine, but I think you'll want yet another suction source. The new laws make you have to either put a compliant suction cover over the vac port (which would be a PITA to remove and reinstall when vacuuming). A third suction source would be in use all the time and supplement the 1 skimmer :)

Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl - BUILD STARTING

So far we have moved our power line, and we have confirmed the dig date as Monday/Tuesday depending on weather this week!! We are very excited and of course will be taking MANY pictures of the build... Our permitting was a total pain in the A! But we worked through it!

Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl

So we just got the call! Pool builder is out tomorrow to start digging!!! I will be updating with lots of pictures!! We are so excited!!!! We did add a Heat pump and a second LED. on top of that we added a 33 inch apron of pavers around the 3ft concrete apron to tie it in with the existing 2 tier paver patio!!! We have a diagram of the landscaping drawn out as well!!!

The patio is pre existing, we removed the curved part of the bottom retaining wall/sitting wall. We are squaring the pool to that with the 16x32 length. We are removing about 6 feet of the brush on the back of our lot due to where we want to put the fence but it leaves plenty of brush left over for the privacy :)!!!

Attachments

• patio pre pool!.jpeg
    patio pre pool!.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,699
Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl

I will, we put up that lovely orange fencing on one side of the yard as we are a corner lot and only want them coming in from a specific side... We are kicking our selves about the curved wall as we just had the patio installed last summer and are kind of bummed to see it go! BUT to keep with the flow of the pool, we had to remove it! Trust me there will be lots of pictures tomorrow evening so stay tuned for more!!! :)

Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl DIG- PICS!

Morning of Dig!
CIMG0998.jpg

Our Pup Isaac Helping with the lay of the land!
CIMG1008.jpg

First 5 minutes went by QUICK!
CIMG1052.jpg

Pool Kit arrived!!!
CIMG1059.jpg

the 2 foot radius mapped out and the deep end being dug!!
CIMG1073.jpg

This is the view of the pool from the master bed room
CIMG1101.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl DIG- PICS!(NEW)

So far its been a fun experience!!! Our pool builder has been Excellent... and so far we are very happy with how things are going. Thursday they set the walls up. Friday the poured the concrete footer & started Plumbing. Saturday they began the floor!! Monday the installed the Liner finished the plumbing back filled, filled to the lights and today they had the inspection and threw the hoses back in the pool! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 1,445
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 1,446
Re: 16 x 32 Inground Vinyl DIG- PICS!(NEW) Liner DROPPED!

Thanks!! We are excited, I had to get in last night when the water came up to my ankles. It was quite chilly but we are waiting for our heat pump- hopefullyin the next 3 weeks. This weather has been something WEIRD. We are ready for sunny days in the 90's.. :) This would be our luck, we are now calling Columbus Ohio the new Seattle because of all the constant rain! I am predicting this is because we bought a convertible this spring, and I bet its going to snow next week now that we have a pool. LOL

The pool is full! They are getting the pump up and running today!! Hoping to have concrete by Friday!!!

Attachments

• LINER-FULL.jpeg
    LINER-FULL.jpeg
    498.4 KB · Views: 1,376
  • LINER-FULL2.jpeg
    LINER-FULL2.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 1,373

Your pool is so awesome! Way jealous out here in rain land :~}

So... have you tested the water yet? "they" are starting the pumps today but are "they" also handling the chlorine/chems? I'd hate to see that beautiful pool turn green just when your weather is looking up, it'd be even sadder if "they" dump things into your pool that could make it difficult for you to deal with later on, so maybe keep an eye on that today. It only takes a couple days for algae to begin growing in fresh fill/no chems water and "they" just might have a pool store styled plan to sell you lots of useless chems this summer after "they" start up your pool their way.

Well the pool builder is supplying the first year of chemicals, I've already talked to him about using Liquid Chlorine vrs the tablets, he put in the automatic chlorinator but we decided it was just so we can take it out and put in the SWG next year... as we have doubled our original budget right now we are trying to decide what things can wait such as the SWG... LOL Told him not to put the CYA over 30 for right now, he knows I have done my research!!!!! He has also complimented me on how much knowledge I have!! I just snicker and think to my self THANK GOD FOR TFP! It has helped me from day one- Negotiating pricing- knowing just the small short cuts that the PB usually takes- the PB has actually done a very impressive job, at least one of us has been home every day of the build, they did fail to get the back fill all the way up under each step and the second I mentioned it he was out there correcting the problem... he even ran over one of bushes and has already brought us a replacement... I have purchased a test kit and just waiting for it to arrive!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.