Kill algae with a drain and chlorine wash

Re: Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis

nvjr17 said:
OR u can just drain and chlorine wash in a day if u have a strong enough pump. fill overnight . and have sparkling pool the next day.! no need to battle with algae
That often won't work. Vinyl liner pools, and fiberglass pools, can't be drained completely without significant risk of damage to the pool. Even in a concrete/plaster pool, you still risk damage to the pool if the water table is too high, and few people are through enough about the chlorine wash while drained, get algae again right away and will not have improved anything.

In many areas the cost of fill water significantly exceeds the cost of chlorine to clear the algae.

OR u can just drain and chlorine wash in a day if u have a strong enough pump. fill overnight . and have sparkling pool the next day.! no need to battle with algae
Not to pile on, but I would have to say that will SELDOM work. You will be battling algae again immediately after the refill because you have taken no steps to find out what caused it in the first place.....it'll simply return.

Understanding how your pool got out of whack is the key to returning it to a clear, sparkling pool.

Many folks are do not have enough supply to refill overnight not sometimes even to drain overnight.

Well yeah lack of chlorine is why it turned green . i just say chlorine wash is because i an in the service industry and if i get any new pools that are green i dont try to shock it clean it takes a couple weeks and i cant be there everyday. but if they do have means to draiin a pool . chlorine bath is the way to go

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.