Jacuzzi laser Sand filer 225L

jj1918

May 23, 2011
I have an in-ground 16x32 pool. We installed it 10 years ago. I just removed the original sand and replaced it. Now there is one bolt that will not go all the way in where the dial valve connects to the tank. I can see that there is not a perfect connection and it is leaking when I run it. I have been careful to not over tighten. I did use petroleum jelly on the o-ring and the hex bolts. I also tried to clean out all sand in the bolt holes and on all parts.

Can anybody give some things to try?

Thanks,
Jack

That helped a lot. Back that bolt out and take a straw (or other small tube) that will fit into the hole and blow the trash out of it. An air compressor would work best but you might be able to do it with oyur breath. I bet there's either sand or debris in there. You might need to take something small (i.e. a screwdriver) and help dislodge it too.

Protect your eyes!!!

Bama Rambler said:
That helped a lot. Back that bolt out and take a straw (or other small tube) that will fit into the hole and blow the trash out of it. An air compressor would work best but you might be able to do it with oyur breath. I bet there's either sand or debris in there. You might need to take something small (i.e. a screwdriver) and help dislodge it too.

Protect your eyes!!!
Thanks. I used a compressor and got a nice tight seal. Just in time for the first 80 degree day in my area since last summer.
Jack

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.