Creative ideas needed to decorate inexpensively

JulieLeo

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hi all -

We have a 12'x36" above ground pool and placed the extra sand around the pool that we had left over after leveling the ground under the pool. We also used some larger river rocks to line around the pool to keep the sand in place. Well, that's not working so good. Just wondering if anyone has any inexpensive ideas for surrounding the pool with something to keep the sand in place and keep the kiddos from tracking it into the pool. We have a bucket by the ladder to wash off feet before getting into the pool but it's still kinda messy. Would like something like pavers or something that will be easy to maintain but don't know how to arrange them around the pool. Attached a pic to see how it looks now. Thanks for the ideas. :? - Julie

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 456
For a pool that size you could get a remnant section or two of outdoor carpet in the color of your choice, cut to fit the surround. No weeds, no sand, no feet cleaning needed, sweep off or hose off. Looks tidy and nice. Accesorize with a potted plant. We actually put it at the other end of the pool by the solar cover reel to keep debris off the cover if it should unroll or touch the ground

Hi, :wave:

This is what I did with my 16' x 48" Intex last year. I think I spent maybe $150.00. The deck kept the pool much cleaner.

pool4.jpg

:cheers:

The pool in the picture was taken down this past winter because I knew I was going to install a bigger pool. Now that I have my bigger pool installed I will be leaving the pool up all year. It does get cold here but I will just run the pump during the winter and should be fine.

Pic of new pool.
clearpool.jpg

:cheers:

Hi Mark -
Leo is getting ready to build the pool deck like yours. Just wondering where you found that need umbrella? We already have the deck box like yours. I think the deck will be about 8'x12' only because he doesn't want to cut down the decking boards and they were on sale almost as cheap as the 8' boards. We may get a 15' pool next year but that's as big as we can handle in that part of the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.