Burn mark on the motherboard of AquaRite SWG

JB1006

May 22, 2011
WOW. The problem that jdhgator describes (in this topic, JasonLion) is the identical problem we are having. I can answer some of the problems asked below because we have a friend with another one that is working fine, so we tested parts.

To help clarify-
System #1 is working fine.
System #2 is displaying the 2600 ppm for the salt level and no light on for the power.

1- Plugged in system #1's flow sensor and cell into control panel box of system #2 ..... no change---- still displayed 2600 ppm. The "no flow" light flashed red, but then turned off after 20 seconds or so, meaning there was flow now.

2- Put flow sensor #2 into system #1 pipes... plugged it into system #1 and it read the flow and salt level at the same level that sensor #1 did. Then I poured small amount of salt into skimmer... flow sensor #2 read "HI” which meant it was reading the level of salt correctly.

We tried every combination combining systems #1 & #2- including changing the fuse, but it still reads 2600. Unplugged box #2 and took cover off. Saw on the motherboard a small amount of black - appears to possibly be a burn mark on the motherboard.

My question- Is there a way to test the motherboard? or I was thinking of taking my control box (#2) into an authorized repair shop to see what they would charge to test the motherboard. Does anyone else have another idea?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.