Hayward heater H100IDI

bigred

May 22, 2011
I have this hayward heater and it will not stay lit. It fires up for about 8 sec and then goes off, cycles again, fires up and goes off. The good thing is that it does at least light up. I have cleaned every piece on it down to the burners, blown gas pipe/valve out, jumpered every switch and it still goes out. I am wondering if the gas pressure is too low? Has worked great the last 3 years until now. Any ideas out there for me before i call it quits?

I do not see anything in the parts list called a flame sensor. I will try to attach a diagram of the unit and parts. It is a Hayward H100IDI above grd pool heater.

Attachments

• PoolheaterHay100IDI.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 7
didn't know that about the ignitor. maybe I can purchase a new one locally and see if that does it. I thought because it ignites the ignitor was fine. stay tuned and keep coming with the ideas!

no ignitor available locally so I put the old one back in. no fuse on the circuit board either. the guy asked me why i was replacing it so i told him the deal and he thought once it lights it is done becasue it has done its job. he did not think it was flame sensor of any kind. does this sound right? i was kind of hoping that it could be the problem. what proofs the flame so the gas keeps coming? this thing is such a simple design it is driving me crazy not being able to figure it out.

I had the same problem but with a h150. Just today I figured it out. Burners were firing but when i tested (with VOM) the ground rod on the ignitor i could not get continuity to ground along the bracket.
Some nice rough sandpaper and some strategic scraping with the utility knife and she was good to go. You might want to clean up where the assy connects to the housing. You need to get it shiny, the oxide on the rods are tough to remove. Reinstalled it and she is purring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.