I think I'm settling in...

pendo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 24, 2011
Well, I guess this is mostly a "Thank You" post for all the great info I've learned from this site. So far I'm feeling pretty fortunate with how well everything has turned out so far.

For the past 7 or 8 days, the numbers each evening have been the same. Chlorine level showing at 2 or maybe a smidge more. Adding 48 oz of bleach each night has given me the same reading the following night of 2.

Today I ran my 2nd full round of tests with the TFT-100 today and here's the results:

FC-2.5
CC-.5
pH-7.5
TA-60
CH-320
CYA-30
Temp-75 F

The CYA is down a bit, so I'll likely add some more this week (we've had a moderate amount of rain since I added a little a couple weeks ago). My TA is on the low side, but so far running it a bit on the low side seems to help keep my pH in check (before lowering it a bit my pH would regularly drift above 8).

I guess I feel like I'm "there." Pool looks great. Numbers seem pretty good. Thanks to TPF I feel a lot more in control of what's happening and definitely more confident in the ability to handle any potential situations as they arise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.