Pentair Lil Shark

May 12, 2011
Had one for two weeks and am really disappointed..When its moving it does a good job of sucking up fine sand/dirt however it only works for a short time and then just stops moving..Ive tried different lenghts for the hose as well as changing the settings and still the same.It will just stop cold at different locations for no appatrent reason. I have a 24x52 AG.. basically wasted 140$ as the thing is useless..Looking at a Rover Jr or a Polaris now.

We had a Lil Shark for several years before getting our PRover. The thing you have to be absolutely sure about with the LS is that you back purge ALL the air before hooking it up to the skimmer - because it will become airlocked if it as so much as one bubble of air in that long hose. Put the end of the hose that goes on the skimmer up to your return jet until all the air bubbles quit, the LS will raise up, bubble and then sink. THEN make sure that you do not raise the end of that hose above the water line again while moving it over to the skimmer to connect. One second above the water line and it will take in air again.

It's a pain in the drain, but a requirement. Also, we found that it does get bound up if there is any debris in there so we put a leaf canister inline which made a huge difference as well. But the airlock thing was usually the culprit when it quit on us.

Thanks for the advice..I did everything you said but I do remember raising the hose out of the water to connect it to the skimmer..Ill have to give it another try and pay more attention..I got a rover jr and the only issue so far with that is keeping the cord straight.

Welcome to the "I luv my PRJ, but hate the cord club" too bad there is no simple fix for that. We could get rich inventing one.

NWMNMom said:
Welcome to the "I luv my PRJ, but hate the cord club" too bad there is no simple fix for that. We could get rich inventing one.
:mrgreen:

Im gonna try and store the cord laid out straight instead of coiled up to see if that helps..the thing really does work great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.