where does this bolt go?

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm opening my pool for the second time and I used a different company last fall for closing the pool. This company removed more bolts/handles than the last one and I figured out where they all went with the exception of one. unfortunately, i don't have my camera handy, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out where it goes without a picture for now. It's has a hexagon head and the head and the screw part are both approx. one centimeter in diameter. It's coated in black rubber. We have an inground gunite pool, with a booster pump, de filter, chlorinator, and heater. This bolt was stored in the pump basket with all the handles for turning on/off the returns, main drain, water fall, the bolts that help drain the pump basket area and the bolt that (i think) drains the tri-chlor chlorinator. We looked and couldn't find any other 'hole' that needed a screw. any ideas? i'll post a picture as soon as I can get my hands on my camera.

thanks so much..

Looks like somebody has used silicon RTV on it in the past. You might try teflon tape on the threads or pipe dope labelled for plastic use. I assume that isn't supposed to have an O-ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.