Shouldn't have closed it.

Jun 12, 2007
North Carolina
We closed our pool a couple weeks ago because we had been getting some pretty cool temps and the water was too cold to swim in (water temp was in the 60's).

Well, go figure that we've had temps in the upper 80's and it's supposed to be like that here all next week too! I'm half tempted to re-open it if we're not going to get a fall or winter here in NC this year.

Don Slater is our weather guy too!! :) We are over on the Peninsula.

Our pool has been out of commisson even with the warm weather. Algae that I just CANNOT seem to get rid of and the temps are still too cold for me. (although it would have been bearable the last few days as I see the temps inthe pool got up to around 80)

new2pools said:

Our pool has been out of commisson even with the warm weather. Algae that I just CANNOT seem to get rid of and the temps are still too cold for me. (although it would have been bearable the last few days as I see the temps inthe pool got up to around 80)

my second son went to school with his son for 6th 7th and 8th grade, so we always saw him at open houses and confrences, and any specail things we had to do for school. he is a nice guy, but the stories we have herd about him will make me never watch the weather the same way again, but don slater is not his real name. he spells it that way so tv people can read it.

his real name is Don Schliator. strange but pronounced the same way.

Rollin Thunder said:
new2pools said:

my second son went to school with his son for 6th 7th and 8th grade, so we always saw him at open houses and confrences, and any specail things we had to do for school. he is a nice guy, but the stories we have herd about him will make me never watch the weather the same way again, but don slater is not his real name. he spells it that way so tv people can read it.

his real name is Don Schliator. strange but pronounced the same way.

Well, cool. That is a neat tidbit of trivia I did not know! Stories, huh?? :lol:

Okay, I must admit I read and re-read the "second son" sentence a few times before I realized we were talking about Don Slater. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.