Sizing an Auto Pilot

May 18, 2011
I was referred over to this website from another pool site. What a lot of great information. I am about to do a pool remodel (luna quartz resurface, new plumbing and surrounding decking) and the PB suggested a SWG system while we were at it.. In doing research,thanks to this great forum, I have decided on the AutoPilot (DIG-220). I have a 19,000 gallon pool and have read that is more practical to "upsize" the cell. The smallest cell is the 35K size. Do I stick with that or go for the 42K size? I don't mind spending a few extra $$ if the system will work better. Thanks for the help and looking forward to swimming in a SWG pool this summer

Welcome to TFP!

This isn't true of most SWG cells, but with AutoPilot pricing the way it is right at the moment the smaller 35K cell looks like a better deal. Getting an oversized cell does make a few things a little easier, but even the 35K cell will be 185% of what you need so that won't be an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.