Doughboy AG Oval 21x41 Construction Photo Album

lovemydanes

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2010
Livonia, MI
I thought I would upload photos as the pool is installed to an online gallery, in the hopes that it might be of some use to anyone deciding whether to DIY or hire it out - or simply anyone who wanted a closer look at the day-by-day process. We're only on Day 2, but if the weather permits, the vast majority of the pool will be finished tomorrow. I'll continue to add photos to the gallery as we make progress - there's so much to do!

You can view the photos we have so far here:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/17163292_rJ5NW4

I'll bump this thread as new photos are added. :wink:

Wow you have a lot of work ahead of you! You will love your new pool once it is in. We did a step by step of our replacement pool build several years ago when we went from round to the larger oval http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAZvDSFUoVo

It is an interesting process and the biggest thing to learn is NEVER cut corners, even though it seems like it is taking forever. You will pay for shortcuts over and over so do it right the first time, get good advice and be sure. LEVEL is the most important word in your playbook when putting in a pool. Good luck, looking forward to seeing the build!

My hat is off to each and every one of you who undertake pool installation! I knew that was outside our skill set, heh heh. I've had 5 strapping young men building this pool for two full days, straight. They have earned every penny my installer is paying them, poor things. Tomorrow some of them return for the finishing touches and to bring the things they couldn't fit on the truck today (wedding cake steps, etc.)

I did have a moment of frustration when we returned home to a water truck we hadn't ordered and were presented with a $730 bill for two truckloads of water. My installer had forgotten to tell me that they needed an instant semi-fill with the deep end that we added at the last minute. I expressed my frustration to his employee-in-charge who was on site, and my installer promptly apologized and asked if I would consider splitting the water bill 50-50. I thought that was pretty fair, given that 'stuff' happens and he did honestly forget to tell me about the water charge because I added the deep end to my order at the very last moment. I did have to pay a bit more to fill the pool than I would have with my hose alone, but it also happened a lot faster...and staring at a pool you can't yet use is no fun! :lol:

I have added today's pictures to the online album to which I linked in my first post - the newest photos will be on the last pages, as I am trying to keep things chronological. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.