General question

There are two separate effects. First, higher CYA levels mean less total chlorine used, so you can use a smaller SWG and it will last longer than it would at a lower CYA level. Second, SWGs somehow reduce several of the bad side effects of higher CYA levels that are normally experienced with other forms of chlorine. So the higher levels don't have any more problems than a lower CYA level without a SWG. No one really seems to know why that is, but it is probably due to the extremely high FC levels inside the SWG cell.

Thanks for the reply..I just put in a swg (intellichlor) for my AG and my pool gets 100% direct sun every day..not an ounce of shade. I've always kept my cya levels around 30-40 but that was when I was using the tabs with added stabilizer. I've raised it to about 40 so far and everything has been good but it really hasn't been that hot yet here in NJ to really test it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.