Pentair Intelliflo

Yes but are you looking for something larger? A variable speed is also a variable HP. As the speed is reduced, the energy used by the motor and the energy delivered to the water are both reduced. So in effect, the Intelliflo is really a 0.006-3.96 THP pump.

mas985 said:
Yes but are you looking for something larger? A variable speed is also a variable HP. As the speed is reduced, the energy used by the motor and the energy delivered to the water are both reduced. So in effect, the Intelliflo is really a 0.006-3.96 THP pump.

Thanks mas985, I just am reading that now! I was about to edit my post! Lots to learn with these pumps! Not allot that I can find on mating my Aqualogic (p4) with these new pumps? Not sure buying the 8 program speeds will work. If I understand it correctly I have to buy a relay for every speed?(ie8) Not sure if any panel can handle 8 relays for 1 pump! But what about the board? And do I really need 8 different speeds? Not much that I can find on here about the interface with P4 and speeds?

To get a P4 to be able to control more than one speed on an IntelliFlo pump you need an IntelliComm II board. Each relay you use on the P4 gets you one speed, so two relays gets you two speeds, three get you three speeds. Four speeds is the max with the IntelliComm II, but they can be any four speeds. A typical setup only needs one or two different speeds, occasionally three.

If I remember correctly, I think it needs to be 2.65 or higher but I would check with Hayward. But unfortunately to upgrade, you need a new main board which you can find on Ebay sometimes for less than $300 but if you have a tech do it, it will cost upwards of $500.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.